Wednesday, September 26, 2012

May I suggest something?

There are a couple of odd errors in the above paragraph (from "B.C. premier won't discuss handling of staff scandal" on CBC News online on September 25, 2012). First thing I noticed - and which I wouldn't have posted about if I hadn't stumbled upon the second error - is that the text highlighted as a link doesn't include the first letter in Ken. The bigger gaffe is (no spelling suggestions). Say what?! It took me a few seconds, but once my mind stopped spinning I deduced that Ken Boessenkool's last name must've been there at one time. However, the writer's computer didn't like it but it couldn't offer any suggestions. Here's one suggestion: boysenberry. Here's another suggestion: bespoken. Here's a third suggestion: proofread your work before publishing it. Click the image to enlarge it.

No comments: