Friday, March 18, 2011

Yahooooooooo!

More fun on Yahoo! webpages! From the Yahoo! Canada homepage on March 10, 2011, it should be either scientist explains (if there was only one scientist) or scientists explain (if there were two or more scientists). Also from the Yahoo! Canada homepage on March 10, 2011,

I assume Candian water is a brand of bottled water, similar to Evian, so I'm safe because the only water I drink comes from the tap in my Canadian home. No need, then, for me to click that link. Then, again from the homepage,

a geography lesson for the person that wrote this on March 11, 2011: Tofino is on the west coast of Vancouver Island and is quite far from the city of Vancouver. After the Japan earthquake and tsunami, an evacuation from Tofino is far more reasonable than an evacuation from Vancouver would have been. I click to the article ("Twilight stars Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner evacuate Vancouver Island set threatened by tsunami" on Yahoo! Canada News on March 11, 2011), and

read about Tinsel Corey's tweet. After some very quick research, I realized her name is actually Tinsel Korey. After going to Tinsel Korey's personal website,

I see on the landing/welcome page that the author of the Twilight book series got both her first and last names butchered. Her name is Stephenie Meyer and not Stephanie Meyers as the above text would have you believe. Next,

the Yahoo! Canada homepage on March 12, 2011, features a doubling of off. Jettisoning the second off would be a nice fix. Then,

I have no idea - none at all - what this text from March 14, 2011, is supposed to mean. Therefore, I sure as heck didn't click it. From March 15, 2011,

whose decision was it to leave the second I out of decision? Isn't there anybody at Yahoo! who has an eye for detail? Finally,

again from March 15, 2011, the young girl's IQ is higher than Einstein's. See the difference?

No comments: