Tuesday, March 2, 2010

the embarrassing lockout of 2005-06

This error is found in the article that the last post's Yahoo!-homepage link went to, so I could've done this one in last post as well, but I didn't. For two reasons: 1) The errors aren't connected. If the same error was repeated then sure, combine into one post. 2) I had forgotten that the homepage link led to this article until after I started this post. And since we're already here, let's keep the ball rolling, or, uh, puck sliding.

One would think (or at least I would think) that a writer of a hockey article on Yahoo! Canada Sports would know hockey facts pretty well, or could at least fact check very quickly - knowing instantly where to go for accurate information. However, the writer for this article - "Good show, but NHL shouldn’t be involved" on Yahoo! Canada Sports on February 28, 2010 - appears to not know his hockey in addition to not knowing where to check his facts (and/or doesn't care to). The lockout was during the 2004-05 season. Embarrassing? Yeah, I'd be embarrassed.

No comments: