Thursday, September 24, 2009

crucial ligament tear

Another submission from Laura. She spotted these articles in the Yahoo! Shine article, "Why is my dog limping?" and writes that these errors...
appeared in an article on Yahoo! Shine, but it was written by someone from Purina (a "Purina blogger"). Since the article wasn't by a yahoo, I won't be including it in Terribly Write.
I'm no expert in medicine (veterinary or human), but I did recognize that there may be a "crucial ligament" in dogs and people, but the writer meant "cruciate ligament." Making a mistake like that might be considered a careless typo. But twice? I think that borders on idiocy.

Be sure to visit Laura's blog, Terribly Write. Thanks, Laura! Click the images to enlarge them.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thanks for mentioning Terribly Write! As for the article by "Purina Blogger," I think that some bloggers don't realize that mistakes like that (which are crucial to the readers' understanding) destroy the writer's credibility.