Thursday, August 20, 2009

VPD: Abohors the actions attributed to this memeber; Fraesr Health; The officer, who's identity cannot be revealed

On the morning of the 17th this was the top story on the Vancouver 24 hours homepage. Neither abohors nor memeber is an actual word in the English language. Let me offer some assistance free of charge: abhors and member are actual words that would work very well here (and are, in fact, the words used correctly in the article).

Then there was the third headline on the homepage:

Fraesr Health instead of Fraser Health? This error alone isn't major, but when combined with the first image's errors my conclusion is that the person responsible is not very responsible.

Then I found myself reading the article associated with the top story:

Would you believe I found another error?! I know - shocking. However, writing who's when whose is called for is small potatoes in comparison to the aforementioned errors.

2 comments:

Betty said...

You know, if the kind of people they hire to write these articles come up with all these mistakes, d'ya think that maybe they'd jump on a chance to hire me instead? =) I promise I'll make less mistakes... =P

jblue said...

Hi Betty! There is no doubt that you'd do much better, but since your writing skills are better than the average four-year-old child I'm afraid you're overqualified.