Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gillingham Win or Draw; LOSS

I've posted a few spelling mistakes from ESPN Streak for the Cash, but this error from yesterday is a different type of error. When you get a pick correct, that pick turns green, and a message at the top of the screen says, "Your Last Pick - You Chose Correctly" against a green backdrop. As you can see above, I correctly picked Igor Kunitsyn in the tennis match; that win broke a losing streak so on the far right it simply says "WIN" with no number next to it. In the very next pick, I chose Blackburn Rovers to win outright against Gillingham. I was following the game's progress online, and was happy to see Blackburn win 3-1, so imagine my surprise when I saw red. It got me worried, thinking I had chosen Gillingham by mistake. But no, the top of the screen says I chose Blackburn, and while the box has the correct score of 3-1 for Blackburn, the winning-pick arrow is pointing to Gillingham, even though a 3-1 loss is neither a win nor a draw. I want to make my next pick, but I don't want to do so until they fix this. They have to fix this, right?

A few minutes later the winning-pick arrow now correctly points to Blackburn, but I still see red and LOSS. As you can see from the Discuss link, there have been at least 414 new posts since ESPN incorrectly gave a loss to the 73.1% of people who made the correct pick.

Finally, a few more minutes later I saw green and WIN 2.

No comments: