Thursday, October 2, 2008

Best Interior Desination; Propsera Place; VISITOR'S COMMENTS; courtesty; travller; ITS HAPPENING; ITS HAPPENING

In the 2008 edition of The Georgia Straight's Best of Vancouver, Thursday September 18 2008, Tourism Kelowna took out a full page ad to trump their readers' choice wins. The top of the ad: Then a list of events to draw you to this great desination:

I've never been to the facility, and it's been many years since I've been to Kelowna, but even I know that it's Prospera Place and not Propsera Place - and three times at that! I wonder how Prospera Credit Union feels about that multi-typo..

Just now, I figured I'd check out the Tourism Kelowna website. I didn't get past the top half of the first page without detecting an error:

Can you spot it? I'll give you a second or two. Time's up. By visitor's comments, has Kelowna only ever seen one visitor? If they've seen more than one, then it should read visitors' comments. Clicking that link takes us to this:


Aaaaaah. I have discovered an endless chain of errors and I can't get free. In the above, courtesy has an extra letter and travller is missing a letter.

Finally, on a hunch I checked out the Prospera Place website, and at the top of their homepage is this:

It should be it's, both times.

No comments: